Drew DiVittorio is a nutritional consultant, a health coach, and is national board certified in Traditional Chinese Herbology by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists and Oriental Medicine.
Drew is a popular lecturer and speaker at Colleges, Hospitals, Senior Communities, and Fortune 500 companies. He is currently lecturing nationally on nutrition, Chinese medicine, and has been featured on Good Day New York, Fox News Channel, MSMBC, and Alive & Wellness with Carol Martin.
Drew is an expert in the clinical application of Chinese herbal medicine and currently maintains a private practice in New York City and in Norwalk.
Drew received his training at the School of Classical Taoist Herbology in Manhattan where he studied Chinese Medicine and the Taoist teachings of Dr. Stephen T. Chang heir to the lineage of physicians and advisors to the Royal Dynasties of Imperial China.
After receiving his Diploma in Oriental Medicine, Drew became the President and the Director of the Student Clinic at his school. He is currently on the teaching staff at the University Of Bridgeport Acupuncture Institute, Norwalk Community College, and the New York Open Center.
In 1977, his mother, Marian DiVittorio was diagnosed with breast cancer. After much anguish she made the difficult decision to heal herself without pharmaceutical intervention. Marian began the “Gerson Program,” which includes nutritional supplements, herbs, spiritual guidance, energy healing and dream work. In Marian’s own words she states:
My experience with alternative medicine and my many years of spiritual work gave me the confidence to begin healing myself naturally.
Marian’s results speak for themselves. They inspire anyone who meets her as well as leading Drew into the field of Oriental Medicine.
• Founder & Director of the Healthy Living Center of Connecticut, Norwalk, CT and NYC.
• Founder, The Ounce of Prevention.com
• Creator of the Great Master’s Tea Collection
• Clinical Director of the Chinese Herbal Medicine Teaching Clinic in Norwalk, CT.
• Adjunct Associate professor University of Bridgeport Acupuncture Institute, Bridgeport, CT.
• Founder & Primary Instructor of the 5 Elements of Herbal Medicine, a one-year professional training program. Norwalk Community College Extended Studies Division and the New York Open Center
• Teaching staff, Green Medicine Herbal Program,
New York Open Center, NYC, NY.
• NCCAOM; National Board Certified in Traditional Chinese Herbology; Diploma Oriental Medicine
TELEVISION & MEDIA EXPERIENCE
• Alive & Wellness with Carol Martian, MSNBC, Good Day New York, Fox News Channel, and The Exchange.
Please visit my website, theounceofprevention.com
to view my appearances
LECTURE & SEMINAR EXPERIENCE
Brooks Brother, SONY, Inc., Arthur Anderson, Showtime, Viacom, Snapple Corporation, Moots Corporation, and BBDO.
• Non-Profit Organizations
Gilda’s Club, Ronald McDonald House, F.E.G.S., Dorot Senior Center, Sanctuary For Families, and Caring Community Senior Program.
• Holistic Centers, Hospitals, ETC.
New York Open Center, Wainwright House, Mt Sinai Hospital, New York University, New Age Health Spa.